Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wayne County Queen Contest

This past Sunday afternoon my mother and I went down to Corydon for the Wayne County Queen Competition. We both were asked to judge this along with another young lady who is a couple years older than I am. It was a very fun energetic panel of judges. We judged the princess, prince and Queen Competition. The princes and princesses were all so cute, like I have said before it is very difficult to judge these little boys and girls. All of them were dressed up all so nice and looked like they were going to a formal dinner. The parents were allowed to sit in on the prince and princess competition, and during the prince competition a little boy kept looking over his shoulder at his mom and shaking his fist at her. It was the funniest thing I have seen. Along with his fist shaking he would also stick his tongue out. Long story short he was leaving on time and he stuck his tongue out at me so I shook my fist back at him with a funny face, needless to say he didn't come back in for the second interview. I hope he wasn't scared of me. I felt terrible but at the same time I was smiling, it is those kinds of memories that I will look back on and get a good laugh. The little boy and girl that was selected as prince and princess will have a blast doing all the different activities that they will have at a fair and will be a lifetime experience for them. There were 7 young ladies in contention for the 2011 Wayne County Fair Queen. They went through 2 interviews an individual interview and group. They had also prepared a speech for us who were about themselves, community involvement, the fair, and why they feel they should be the Wayne County Fair Queen. It was a very tough decision for us to make as each young lady did a tremendous job on their interviews and their speeches. The girl that we choose was a very poised, mature, well rounded young lady and we knew that she would represent Wayne County very professionally but at the same time have a great time doing it. She will be very caring to the prince and princess which go with her to some of her duties throughout the fair.  My mother and I really enjoyed judging the contest and had a wonderful afternoon. I would like to thank the queen coordinators Heather Moorman and Tia Carpenter they did a wonderful job with the contest and thank you for asking us to judge.


God Bless,
2010 Iowa State Fair Queen
Lacy Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment