Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Marion County Queen Competition and Corndog Kickoff!

am finally getting time to write about my exciting Saturday I had this past weekend. This one was really special to me as I crowned the girl that will be taking over my reign as the Marion County Fair Queen. First of all I want to Thank Marion County for all the support throughout the past year as not only being Marion County Fair Queen but the Iowa State Fair Queen as well. I could not ask for better community members in my county that have been really enjoyable to work with on different occasions. It will be sad this year as the Fair approaches that I will not be getting tack together to take into the fair or any of my projects but at the same time I am happy because I am still going to be a part of the Marion County Fair. I will be there Tuesday July 19th to hand out some ribbons at the beef show along with giving out the Grand Champion Market Steer trophy that has been in my house the past 2 years. Also Tuesday night is the Billy Riley Talent Search where we will be in the presence of Billy Riley Jr. himself, it is going to be a great evening of talent and fun. The queen contest took place on Saturday, there were 7 young ladies running for the honor of fair queen. The girls went through a personal interview, group interview, and 2 final questions on stage. I was able to be at the competition and spend the days with all the girls and the ladies that put on our competition. A big shout out to Codi Pracher the coordinator of the competition and Ann Kingery along with all the other volunteers, the day wouldn't have been the same without all of their help. I was proud to crown Katelyn Sanders the 2011 Marion County Fair Queen. She will do a great job of representing Marion County and will be a positive impact on others. Enjoy your reign it goes fast! After the competition my parents and I loaded up in the car and quickly drove to the state fairgrounds where the Corndog Kickoff was taking place. The Corndog Kickoff takes place annually to raise money for the Blue Ribbon Foundation which is a big part of the State Fair. It is a tradition that the Iowa State Fair Queen puts a pie in the live auction at the kickoff. I took a homemade lemon-meringue pie for the auction; I was able to be up on stage as it was sold. The pie sold for $1,100.00.  I could not believe that it went for that much, it is awesome that I was be able to give and be a part of it all. 125K was raised that night for the Blue Ribbon Foundation, which is completely outstanding! I was able to see many of the Iowa State Fairboard members which was great because they are pretty much family to me, so I refer to them as my homies :) hehee. There is more to why I call them that but that story will be for later. I also got to chat a little bit with Billy Riley it was so great to see him.  I had an amazing Saturday I look forward to seeing Katelyn having a blast being the fair queen and all the great experiences she will have. Once again Thank You all for letting me represent Marion County as the fair queen.

God Bless,
2010 Iowa State Fair Queen
Lacy Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment