Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Louisa County Fair Queen Competition and Johnson County Fair

Monday the 25th of July my parents and I loaded up in the car once again. I can practically call the car we travel in my second home. The back seat has really turned into another room for me as you can find a pillow, clothes, makeup, shoes, perfume, a computer and a few other things. My parents and I always joke and tell me to go to my room or go sit in my corner. We have found a lot of humor in different things we have done this summer in our travels such as this story. The competition was held in Columbus Junction which is right off of highway 92. I arrived around 11 and spoke with the judges about my year and answered any questions they had about judging and what to look for in a fair queen. I was not able to judge this competition as I had duties to do in Johnson County at 3. There were 9 contestants that were running for Louisa County Fair Queen. They were a very sharp dressed, sophisticated group of girls. I enjoyed having lunch with them, sharing stories, and of course taking photos. It was great to be a part of it all even though I could only be there a couple of hours. It was a lot of fun meeting all the girls. I wish each and every one of them good luck with anything they do in the future. I want to thank the Michelle and Ashley for inviting me to spend some quality time with the queen candidates.
Once 1:30 rolled around we were off to the Johnson County Fair, it was nice to be able to do two appearances in one day. This was able to happen because Johnson County and Louisa County are next to each other. Before we headed out of Columbus Junction we had to make a stop at the famous swinging bridge also known as the "lovers leap bridge". This bridge is a well-known landmark in this area of Iowa. It is 262 feet in length; it was first built in 1886 and then was rebuilt in 1922. I walked across it and back, it was a little scary as I felt that I might go overboard if I had lost my balance. It was really neat to see this landmark though and now be able to say that I walked across it. There will be a picture posted later. I was asked to make an appearance at the Johnson County Fair I participated in many different activities throughout the afternoon and evening. Those activities include MCing the sexiest legs contest, handing out ribbons for the rubber chicken throwing contest along with participating in it, eating fair food :) , talking on the radio, meeting the fair queen candidates, and speaking at the 2011 Johnson County Fair Queen Ceremony. This was a very special fair queen crowning as one of my friends that I have gained through showing cattle was crowned the 2011 Johnson County Fair Queen. I was so glad that I was able to be there and see her get crowned. I am very proud of her and she is going to be a great representative for her county. I wish her the best of luck at the Iowa State Fair Queen Competition. I was lucky enough to be able to see my long lost friend Kelsey Dierks that I played AAU basketball with, she was actually in Iowa City and made a special stop at the Johnson County Fair to see me. It meant a lot that she did that and that I was able to see her. What a great gal thanks Kelsey!! After a long day it was time to head home. I want to thank Brenda and the Johnson County Fairboard for having me make an appearance at the 2011 Johnson County Fair. My parents and I truly enjoyed our visit. Only 15 days till the Iowa State Fair, remember “Nothing Compares” to the Iowa State Fair. J

God Bless,
2010 Iowa State Fair Queen
Lacy Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment