Monday, July 18, 2011

Washington County Queen Contest

Yesterday my parents and I took off to Washington County for their queen competition. The competition was held in the community center which is on the fairgrounds and their fairgrounds are in Washington. Washington is located right on highway 92. I arrived around 1 o’clock and the judging began. I was asked to be a judge along with two other ladies and a male. We had a great panel of judges. There were 10 contesting competing for 2011 Washington County Fair Queen. The young ladies went through an individual interview, group interview, and two questions on stage in front of the audience. It is so tough to judge these queen competitions, because I know that all the girls that are running for fair queen would do a great job representing their county. They are all talented and gifted in their own unique way and that is what makes it so tough to just choose one. Washington County put on a very good competition and program. They had Miss Iowa Jessica Pray be there MC for the evening show. It was really great meeting her; she is my age and will be a sophomore at the University of Iowa. We got to chatting and couldn't stop she is a great gal. Best wishes to her with the rest of her reign and at the Miss USA pageant. Represent! I was also happy to see the Marek family. I have gotten to know Lexi the past year or so and her mom Heather was in charge of the competition. They are a great family they have four girls Lexi being the oldest and it was just awesome to see them all! We finally came to a decision of who would get the honor of being the new Washington County Fair Queen. The young lady that was crowned I know will have a great reign and have fun representing Washington County. I had a fun afternoon and evening interviewing the candidates and chatting with everyone that was involved. It was also great to see the 2010 Washington County Fair Queen Haley Sirien. Thank you to Heather Marek and the rest of the coordinators of the competition for having me. It was great to be a part of it all.


God Bless,
2010 Iowa State Fair Queen
Lacy Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment