Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ringgold County

This past Sunday the 26th my parents and I traveled to Ringgold County. My mother and I were asked to judge the queen contest. It was held in Mt. Ayr which is in Southwest Iowa just off highway 2. The competition was held at the courthouse on their square. Before the contest we grabbed a bite to eat at the Famous Peggy Sue's which is also located on the square in Mt.Ayr. After we had sat down Jerry Parkin, a member of the Iowa State Fairboard happened to walk in. We gladly welcomed him at our table and enjoyed a great conversation and meal before we went to judge. There were 6 queen candidates running for Ringgold County Fair Queen along with 12 princesses. Jerry Parkin, my mother, I, and another young lady made up the panel of judges for both the princess and queen competition. I felt that it was harder to judge the princess competition then the queen competition. I say this because all the little girls were so adorable and I wanted every single one of them to win. I have a big heart when it comes to young children and I know the 11 girls that don't get it are going to be completely heart broken. We eventually had to come to a conclusion for the princess, she was my favorite and a little go- getter. She will have a great time being princess. I give all the young girls my respect though because at that age I couldn't have imagined doing what they were brave enough to partake in. I feel as if it is a great learning experience just like the queen contest. The queens went through a group discussion, one individual audience question and then a 5 minute individual interview with the judges. All in all they were great young ladies, but only one could win. The young gal that we chose is a very intelligent, reserved, well rounded girl. Ringgold County should be very proud to have her represent their county. It was a great day judging younger to older girls and meeting many great people. Also they day could have not been better as I was in the presence of Jerry Parkin through the whole process :) along with being able to chat and see the 2010 Ringgold County Fair Queen Katelyn Warin. Both of them are wonderful people. We made safe travels back to Marion County in the great weather that Iowa has to offer us right now which is nothing but RAIN. Oh well can't control Mother Nature. You have to love Iowa and the weather that comes with it.

God Bless,
2010 Iowa State Fair Queen
Lacy Stevenson

1 comment:

  1. These posts are great! I love reading them :) Maybe you should attach a business card to your pens with the address to your blog to get more followers....just a thought! See you soon, enjoy the travels this weekend!

    ReplyDelete