Saturday, June 25, 2011

Iowa Speedway

Yesterday I was asked and invited to make an appearance at the Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa. This was really exciting for me as I grew up with racing at the Knoxville Raceway and I am a huge race fan. I had the time of my life at the track yesterday. It was the pride of iowa day there at the track, many agriculture companies and businesses were present. They thought it was neat to tie in the Iowa State Fair Queen being there along with all the agriculture sponsors. My day started at 230 as my parents and I found our spots in the owners suite that had everything furnished for us. The food was excellent. Once we found our seats we then went and strolled around the speedway for a little bit. I then got to be apart of the junior fan club where race USAC driver Levi Jones, who drives for Tony Stewart and myself took pictures and signed autographs for younger kids. Little kids are the best! After that I went to the pork producers tent for a little while to mingle with different people. Then it was time to go to the infield to go through the fan walk. I happened to be in the right place at the right time when I was able to sit in on a press conference with Danica Patrick. This was very neat. To be able to listen to a lady that has succeeded in the racing business and overcome different things really shows anyone can achieve their goals. The fan walk is really cool, it gives the fans a chance to walk town into the pits and see pit road and different things around track. My last thing I was involved in was the pre race program. I was introduced on stage along with the president of the speedway,miss Iowa Speedway, and sponsors of the night. We got to shake all the USAC drivers hands as they were introduced. I then got to experience the racetrack from the spotters place. This is clear at the top of the suites outside. You feel like you are on top of the world and can see the whole track it was completely breathtaking and beautiful. I enjoyed watching the races from the suite with family and friends. I can not thank Iowa Speedway enough for having me be apart of their day. It was amazing.

God Bless,
2010 Iowa State Fair Queen
Lacy Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment